Parents counseling can help you:
Can Counseling Help Us?
- Do you have a hard time balancing being the “good guy” and being a “good parent”?
- Do you and your mate disagree about how to raise the children?
- Do you feel like you yell all the time?
- Are you trying to join two families into one?
- Do you feel like your children’s schedules are running your lives, instead of the other way around?
- Does it seem like your kids have split the two of you into separate camps?
A “Yes!” to any of these means that some parent coaching can help. As the mother of two young-adult sons, I know how difficult it can be to find structure, connection and family time. We all want a peaceful, harmonious home, but that seems to be more elusive now than ever before. I can help parents make changes that will lead to a happier home for all of you.
Remarriage has its own set of challenges
…what with parenting, step-parenting, dealing with the exes, all while trying to be happy newlyweds. If it starts to be too much for you to handle alone, therapy may be the answer. An outside perspective, coupled with years of experience may shed some light on the dark and troubling places in your lives.
Kids of all ages want structure and limits, but knowing how to set the limits for different kids of varying ages can be tricky. There’s a difference between discipline and punishment, and while the first is effective and necessary, the second is counter-productive. Counseling can help parents figure out how to manage their family better.
Call or email me with questions or to set up an appointment. I’m here to help.